Dragon*Con is an overwhelming experience, and if you’re like me, you want to go into it knowing as much as you can. So I decided to make a resource list of sites and forums that have helped me over the years. While it’s not comprehensive, it should give you more than enough information to get started.
Updated: July 2013
– Actual Dragon*Con website – one stop site pretty much everything including buying a membership
– Daily Dragon – mostly for updates, schedules changes, and mobile app info
– LiveJournal – the main “forum” if you will, for questions, sales, and most other things.
– Facebook – mostly for big announcements and news
– Twitter – see above
– LiveJournal for room transfers and requests – your best shot of getting a room after they’re booked, even if you only have a slim chance.
– LiveJournal by long time attendee for room deals using travel sites
– Forum for advice and questions
– Cosplay.com section for DragonCon – good for seeing what costume meetups are planned
– Wiki format page with some amusing yet informative pages
– TheUniqueGeek podcasts have a 50 day countdown with interviews from track directors and staff
– Debriefing DragonCon – new podcast series that is better than my site, haha
– BeatDownBoogie’s epic 20 minute plus look at the fun party that IS Dragon*Con (from 2011). The con should use it as promotional material.
– Four Days at Dragon*Con – an Emmy winning documentary made back from 2009
– Cosplay in America has been to many conventions, and they said that D*C is like no other out there!
– How and Which Membership to Buy
– Booking a Hotel
– Photo Ops and Autographs with Celebrity Guests
And if you have any questions, feel free to comment, or send me a Tweet. I always love CONverting people or helping first timers. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll try my best to find it.